Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My daughter on Halloween

 Wow…I can’t believe that November is halfway gone! I had planned to have photos of my daughter up by now…


I think her photos came out fabulous! I am a little biased though! This year she had two costumes. She said she was “good and evil”. She went to a party on the Saturday before Halloween. For that, she was princess…a candy corn princess to be exact! On the actual day of Halloween, she wanted to be a vampire but I think she looked like the Mad Hatter.
I told her that and she said she was The Mad Hatted Vampire!

Those that know me…know I am very frugal! I have always made the girls costumes. I cannot see paying a lot of money on an outfit that the kiddos will probably only wear once, maybe twice!

This year we recycled some sheer curtains that were give to me by a friend…along with a hand-me-down shirt and shoes…and a couple of disposable plastic cups. I dyed the curtains with food coloring, and then made a skirt out them. Sammi’s shirt was white and I used the hair spray paint to color the bottom half of the shirt and its sleeves. We made a crown for the princess costume out the cups.

For the Mad Hatted Vampire, Sammi wore a red velvet dress that was from the hand-me-down bag. She put on some leggings and her daddy’s black socks. We borrowed her daddy’s black cape that he wore for a costume years ago. I made her hat from a cup, electrical tape and a cereal box. 


No comments:

Post a Comment